Thursday, June 09, 2005

Cheap Chow Now!

The Village Voice's Cheap Chow Now! 100 meals to be had for ~ $5.00 in New York City!

Places i'm gonna check out:

A&A Bake & Doubles (Trinidadian), Carolina Creek (Southern American), el Vincentino (Salvadorean), Dosa Hut (Indian), Hummus Place (Middle Eastern), Indian Oasis (Indian-style Chinese), Kashkar (Uighur (Chinese)), Ko Hang Soft Tofu (Korean), OMS/B (Japanese), Papa's Empanadas (Colombian), Sentosa (Malaysian), Shake Shack (American), Spicy & Tasty (Sichuan (Chinese)), Sukhadia (vegetarian Indian)

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, June 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Papa's Empanadas is great. It is pretty near my apartment, and this winter I probably ate there a bit too often as they now recognize my boyfriend's voice on the phone (or at least the phone number by caller ID--his name isn't attached to the bill and wouldn't show up on it). I read the "Cheap Chow Now" list and also got interested in the Salvadorean place as I have Salvadorean food every time I visit my bro and his wife in the bay area, and have been bummed I can't find it here.

 
At 12:30 AM, June 15, 2005, Blogger beXn said...

I love Mama's Empanadas in Jackson Heights, which is the same owner as Papa's. Now that i'm aware of a closer empanada source i'm afraid there's going to be trouble!
I've had Salvadorean food at a few places in Queens and Brooklyn but none have been really excellent. It's big in Northern VA (where i'm from) so it's tasty, but nothing has beaten grandmothermade pupusas and these corn tamales we had from El Salvador.
At the next HnN let's compare notes and check out some cheap chow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home