Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Tea Time


On the rare mornings i have enough time to make tea or coffee, i find it makes my overall workday more bearable. Here's a cup of Chinese Keemun tea from Adagio that i picked up at the Fancy Food Show. It came in a premium tea bag with the full leaves in view.* The tea had a wonderfully smoky fall aroma, did surprisingly have a dry, chocolately finish and brewed into a nice reddish color. I'm a fan of robust Assam but am slowly expanding my tea world.

*Most tea bags are filled with "fannings" aka tea leaf dust. Loose tea is always a better bet.

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, October 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see this?

I am right now sipping a cup of Adagio tea: looseleaf Earl Grey Bravo. I tried several of their teas, and have ordered the apricot and Earl Grey. Next up: mango and the Chinese Yunan Jig. Lovely stuff.

 
At 3:42 AM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Solarkat said...

Bexnnie,

I like Rooibos; did you try it the last time you were home? It's a really good herbal tea from a plant from Africa.

 
At 8:39 PM, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tea! Ooh, I love tea! Here's my collection, and I'll tell you a little sumpin' about each one on my blog because I can go on forever:

Loose: camomile, honeybush, rooibos, red raspberry leaf, earl grey creme.

Bagged: hawthorn berries, peppermint.

Have you ever purchased anything via SpecialTeas? http://www.specialteas.com/ I'm a woman on a mission (see my blog), and I'm thinking about ordering from them for a tea taste test.

I'm glad you like Keith's garlic! I'm flattered you took up my advice and sought out his garlic. Just so you know: I follow lots of your advice too. I love this blog!

 
At 6:32 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger beXn said...

The post Tana linked to is really interesting; i'm waiting to read part II! There's an infinite amount of information to learn about tea. Perhaps we should all contribute to a group tea blog?

This winter i'm going to order loose tea from Adagio and Special Teas. I like the one kind of rooibos i've had (Rooibos Tropica from Teavana in NoVA) but i don't know much else about it. And lastly be sure to check out C's post on tea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home