Sunday, December 18, 2005

Assortment

Does anyone remember those small bags of Brach's candies at the supermarket registers? My all-time favorite was candy corn - that shit is awesome. I would cry for my teeth if Brach's brought back those small bags. I would totally love grabbing 4 or 5 different small bags instead of 1 giant one like they sell now. I'm all about the assortment; one kind of candy gets really boring unless it's a big bar of 85%.

Anyways, a few days ago i picked up a large bag of Brach's Bridge Mix and it's like a jackpot! I'm still not exactly sure what "Bridge Mix" is except that it's coated in chocolate, but the Brach's one is like getting a bag of: Whoppers, Milk Duds, Goobers, Raisinettes, Butterfinger, chocolate-covered cherries, coconut creams, some sort of fruity jell and the best - chopped nuts with a sweet toffee. Sadly, this is the sort of thing that excites me while on a break from work.

(But you know what's truly great? Old INXS songs. be and i were each big fans back in junior-high school. Kiss the Dirt.)

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, December 18, 2005, Blogger Karima said...

i dont' know if i have ever had anything higher than a 72%, can't wait to try the 85%

 
At 12:17 AM, December 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you had Scharffenberger chocolate? See here: http://www.scharffenberger.com/ It is sooo good. I first tried it a little over a year ago when I visited my bro in the bay area. I figure you may like it since you like that 85%.

 
At 3:46 AM, January 06, 2006, Blogger beXn said...

Oh yes i do like Scharffenberger! I'm seeing it more and more in various stores here. I recall hearing that it's the only truly respected American brand of chocolate. And speaking of percentages, Michel Cluizel offers a 99% bar, which is utterly bitter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home