Monday, June 12, 2006

Carbonation

Today i had my second-ever real egg cream and this time i really liked it! Both egg creams were from Gem Spa on 2nd Ave and St. Mark's Place in the East Village. First time, okay but weird. Eight years later = carbonated refreshing chocolatey goodness! Check out this Great Egg Cream Caper!

I've also been reacquainting myself with root beer floats. Now if i just add some salsa & chips and cheese & crackers, i'll be eating like my high-school self again.

Over dim sum, we had a funny conversation about college food. My specialty was monterey jack cheese quesadillas from my trusty toaster but i mainly filled up on capellini pasta & tomato sauce. Apparently, be loved those Lipton packets of pasta or rice + sauce. (Okay, i'll admit those were tasty, too.) What did you subsist on? Hopefully it was better than napkin sandwiches.

3 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a toaster!

Totally unrelated sidenote, but I figured that you know lots of artistic folks, so I'll pass this along to you.

The theater where I take my improv classes has an awesome weekly show on Wednesday nights called Under The Influence, in which a professional poet/writer reads some of his/her work, and the improvisors do scenes inspired by the pieces. It's a fun celebration of creative cross-pollination! Don't worry -- the poet/writer is not up there to be ribbed or mocked or roasted. The improv is very grounded and it's played with integrity. Some of the best improvisors in the city perform that night, and some of them happen to be my friends and teachers. Some of them are writers for Conan O'Brien and David Letterman. All are very skilled and intelligent performers.

Please contact Scott at the email below, or drop me a line. Cheers!

~catherine


-UNDER THE INFLUENCE'S CALL FOR POETS AND WRITERS
Are you a published poet or author? Do you know one? In preparation for the upcoming open-run of Under The Influence, Magnet's beautiful collision of poetry and improv, we're seeking professional poets and writers looking to share their work with our audience and the amazing cast of Under The Influence. If you're interested, or know a writer who might be interested, email Scott Sherman at scott@magnettheater.com

Now I'm off to have a Ronnybrook ice cream!

 
At 10:05 AM, June 27, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

My staple while at uni was these instant noodles called Mee Goreng, as in the Indonesian dish. I don't know if you have them but here in Aus they sold them at the Asian stores by the box and they were really cheap. I was on an all carb diet at the time, but saved quite some money.

 
At 10:52 PM, August 01, 2006, Blogger beXn said...

Catherine! Hope you've been doing well. I'll pass on Scott's info to the poets i know - thanks for letting me know!

JenJen, what an awesome blog! Everyone check it out here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home