Friday, October 24, 2008

Treats Truck


Yesterday i was walking up to Cafe Zaiya for onigiri when i came across the Treats Truck. This sugar mobile was such a find! The line was very long on my first pass, but on my second it was much shorter. I asked the owner Kim Ina what she recommended and finally walked away with a peanut butter sandwich cookie, a homemade "Oreo" and a chocolate chip cookie with walnuts. The truck that day also carried cupcakes, ice cream cone cupcakes, Rice Krispies treats, little pies, bars and brownies. It was quite hard to decide but in the end it didn't matter -- each of the three cookies were EXCELLENT. Excellent to the point of restraining myself from polishing them off in a second. I wanted be to try them so i saved half of each one. I kept thinking about the half cookies the rest of the day. I even felt bad not mentioning the Treats Truck to my office in case they wanted to try the remains of my cookies!

That evening, be had a bite of each cookie half and thought they were good. I couldn't understand why he wasn't crying from deliciousness but when i finished them off, i realized that the cookies had lost some of their wonderful texture from sitting around for many hours. The homemade Oreo was crisp when i first ate it, but last night it was soft. The melting crumble of the peanut butter cookies was changed to a soft bite. The chocolate chip cookie held up the best but lesson learned: EAT THE COOKIES FAST. Another lesson: SHARING IS FOR LOSERS.

The Treats Truck makes various stops throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn during the week. You know where i'll be each Tuesday and Thursday afternoon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home